NATIVE(X), an online art gallery and accessories brand, will sponsor a short story contest in honor of Native American Heritage Month. Four winning stories will be chosen, and each week during the month of November a new story will be released in a campaign to promote Native American awareness. The goal of this campaign is to share the talent and diversity of Native people through unique personal narratives about the challenges and triumphs of trying to preserve Native culture and traditions in today’s society.
- Must be Native American (Please provide Tribal Identification or Verification letter/CDIB Card with story submission. Note: this contest is open to ALL State, Federal and First Nation Tribal citizens)
- Stories must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 14, 2012
- Submissions should be between 300 and 700 words
- Stories may be fictional creative writing or non-fiction personal narratives that express a theme of contemporary Native life.
- Topics may include but are not limited to: revitalization of language, art, or tradition; making culture into a career; and/or political or cultural tribulations and/or victories.
- Aim to submit interesting, eye-catching stories that people from any culture will want to read and share
- Winning stories will receive recognition in local and national media markets
- Winners will receive a gift basket of the newest line of NATIVE(X) brand accessories
- Winners will also receive a framed, commemorative copy of their story for being a noteworthy participant in NATIVE(X)’s 2012 Native American awareness campaign
Single Red Female and NATIVE(X) look forward to considering your story. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you on building awareness around Native American Heritage Month!
ABOUT NATIVE(X): NATIVE(X) is an online gallery that offers Native American artists a marketplace to make a living while preserving their culture. In addition to providing Native American artists with an online venue to showcase and sell their work, NATIVE(X) collaborates with select featured artists to design unique Native-inspired accessories under the NATIVE(X) brand. NATIVE(X) shares the profits with artists and donates a portion of its funds to support art classes for children on reservations. For more information visit www.nativex.com
ABOUT SINGLE RED FEMALE: Single Red Female is a Native-owned Management, Marketing, and Promotions company. Its mission is to ensure that Native professionals are recognized as noteworthy contributors to today’s mainstream markets. Single Red Female is honored to collaborate with NATIVE(X) on this noble effort to promote the talent, diversity, and enduring strength of Native people.
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com