Deadline: 1 September 2012
Women! We invite you to contribute your art and writing for WeMoon: Radical Balance. All writing should be on 8.5 X 11 inch letter sized paper; do not send originals. Eight pieces of writing maximum. Prose is limited to 350 words; poetry should not exceed 35 lines (12 words/line). Do not send manuscripts, chapbooks or work in any bound form.
1) Each piece of art and writing is circulated at Weaving Circles where dozens of women give preliminary feedback. Therefore, PLEASE: a) Send one piece of art or writing per page and b) Please label the back of each piece with the title, copyright symbol, your name and the credit year.
2) Artwork: Please send reproductions of your work on plain paper, one image per page (no originals*, none larger than letter-size paper, no more than 16 pieces). To reduce our ecological footprint, PLEASE do not send glossy prints, plastic sheet protectors, CDs, or other unrecycleable items. We will contact you for high resolution images if your work is chosen.
3) Photos: Do not submit photos without including written permission from every identifiable person in the photo.
4) Brief writings: All writing should be on letter-sized paper; do not send originals. Do not send more than 8 pieces of writing. Limit prose to 350 words (12 words/line); poetry should not exceed 35 lines (12 words/line). Do not send manuscripts, chapbooks or work in any bound form.
5) We DO accept submissions that are being reviewed simultaneously by other publishers.
6) Please enclose: a) completed and signed Contributor's License and b) a self-addressed envelope (if outside the US, you do not need to include a stamp) for notification and a new Call for Contributions.
7) We will notify all contributors in June 2013.
COMPENSATION: Compensation for each published piece of art or writing is two complimentary We’Moon Datebooks. Small honorariums will be given for some (not all) works, depending on size and placement. All published contributors will get a 40% discount off the purchase price of We’Moon 2014 products which include their work. In addition, the front cover artist will receive $350, the back cover artist, $250, plus extras. Artwork and writing published in We’Moon 2014 may also be chosen to be included in the 2014 edition of We’Moon on the Wall and We’Moon Cards, for which additional terms and compensation will be given.
Download: contributor's license
For queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: MT Ink: 2014 Submissions, 181 Brimstone Rd., Wolf Creek, OR 97497 USA