Opal PalmerAdisa is looking for flash fiction, micro fiction, short-short or haiku stories to be included in The Caribbean Flash Fiction Collection.
STORIES ARE SOUGHT IN 5 CATEGORIES:
- Self-determination (independence, neo-colonialism, biographical)
- Society (urbanization, migration, violence, tourism);
- Relationships (romance, family, parenting, friendship);
- Cosmology (folk stories, superstition, and specific cultural nuances)
- Fantasy (magical, surreal, mystery).
- Send submissions to: email@example.com
- Submissions limited to five stories per person.
- 50-1500 words maximum. (Indicate word count in upper right, top of page)
- Submit only unpublished stories.
ABOUT OPAL PALMER ADISA: Diverse, innovative and multi-genre, Opal Palmer Adisa is an exceptional talent, nurtured on cane-sap and the oceanic breeze of Jamaica. Charismatic and informed, Adisa’s concerns span the gamut from children to the environment, and as such there is hardly any topic that she has not written about either in poetry, prose or essay. A highly sought-after motivational speaker, Opal Palmer Adisa has lectured and read her work throughout the United States, Europe, South Africa, South American, and the Caribbean. An award-winning poet and prose writer Dr. Adisa has twelve titles to her credit, including the novel, It Begins With Tears (1997), proclaimed by Rick Ayers as one of the most motivational works for young adults.
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org