Not Your Mother’s Book (NYMB) is a new anthology for a new century.
Consisting of real-life stories written by individuals 18 years and older, NYMB is tailored for a mature-audience readership; stories may contain language and situations akin to a PG-13 or TV-14 rating. While not all stories will fall into this rating system, the series will not focus on death/dying, cry-your-eyes out sad selections, but only hip, fun, modern and very-much-today type stories that will
NOT YOUR MOTHER'S BOOK: ON BEING A MOM
While we’re looking for stories about the side of motherhood most of us have experienced or seen first hand, we would love to read stories about the side that most of us don’t talk about because it’s too embarrassing or silly! No need to explain: you know what we’re talking about. Now write about it!
TENTATIVE CHAPTER TITLES:
- Challenge Accepted (Getting the news; announcing to family)
- New Parent Jitters (Silly fears, bath time mishaps, babysitter debacles)
- Call of the Wild (Terrible twos, troublesome threes...)
- OMG, How Embarrassing! (Times when you’ve embarrassed your kids in public...or they’ve embarrassed you!)
- If Everybody Else Jumped Off a Bridge... (Not Under MY Roof, Mister!)
- You Can’t Scare Me; I’m a Mom (Mealtime mishaps, carpool catastrophes, clothing disputes and malfunctions, soccer mom disasters)
- Birds Do It... (Having “the talk,” noticing the opposite gender, beginning to date)
- You Did WHAT? (Testing the limits, parent-teacher conferences, teen shenanigans)
- Driving Mom Crazy (Teaching your teen to drive, getting the license, when your teen borrows—and dents—Mom’s or Dad’s car
- Parting Words (Helping your child prepare for college, first apartment, marriage)
For submissions: via the online submission form