Damselfly Press seeks to promote exceptional writing by women. We welcome work from female writers of all experiences. We accept fiction, poetry, and nonfiction. We are interested in work that is honest and explores human nature. We think there is truth even in fiction.
The twenty-first issue of Damselfly Press will be available October 15th, 2012. If you’d like to submit, please first visit our guidelines section and send us your submission by September 15th, 2012. As always, thank you to our submitters.
- We only accept online submissions with the genre in the e-mail header.
- Submissions must be in a Word document or .RTF attachment.
- Please include writer’s contact information and bio (not to exceed 50 words) on a separate cover page. We blind read all submissions.
- Fiction- Send up to 10 pages of fiction. Submitters may send up to two fictional stories per submission to Jennifer@damselflypress.net
- Poetry- Send 1-3 poems to Lesley@damselflypress.net
- Nonfiction- Send up to 7 pages of nonfiction. Submitters may send up to two nonfiction submissions, such as memoir or personal essays, to Nonfiction@damselflypress.net
- We request that writers submit to only one genre per reading cycle.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
- We are unable to provide compensation to writers for accepted submissions at this time.
- If your submission is not accepted for publication, please refrain from re-submitting more than four times in succession.
- If a writer’s work initially appears in damselfly press and is later published elsewhere, we request an acknowledgement.
- For writers whose work has been accepted by our journal, please wait for up to a year after publication before resubmitting.
- Please refrain from submitting if you are not open to edits. Selected pieces often require minimal editing.
- Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected without being read.
For queries/ submissions: Jennifer@damselflypress.net (fiction), Lesley@damselflypress.net (poetry), firstname.lastname@example.org (non-fiction)