ARC Magazine is a non-profit print and online publication and platform launched in January of 2011, that seeks to fill a certain void by offering a critical space for contemporary artists to present their work while fostering and developing critical dialogues and opportunities for crucial points of exchange. It is an online and social space of interaction with a developed methodology of sharing information about contemporary practices, exhibitions, partnerships, and opportunities occurring in the Caribbean region and throughout its diasporas.
We are currently accepting submissions for review to be featured in our upcoming issues.
- All mediums are accepted for review once there is visual documentation, be it performance art, sculpture, installation, etc.
- Submissions are open for artists who are from the Caribbean region- continental included- and its diaspora. Scholars and academics working with regional and pertinent topics are also considered.
- Please see guidelines below for all image requirements, you can upload up to three images. If we are interested we will contact you to view extra material.
- You can upload a link to video work that is streaming on youtube or vimeo.
- Texts: Analytic and critical writing limited to 1,500 words should be submitted as an attachment in Microsoft Word or a file format we can open with Word. All articles should be typed and double spaced. All source material should be listed at the end of the article.
- Authors should feel free to include relevant images in JPEG format. Please don’t send enormous pictures with your submission. Max size per attachment is 1 MB. If your article or piece of writing has over 3 images, please email, email@example.com. You must include the word "submission" in subject line of your email to prevent it from being lost in the annals of spam.
- We do not mind multiple submissions, but if pieces have been submitted elsewhere, please let us know in advance. We are willing to re-publish a piece if it has never been published in English.
- Once an article is accepted, each contributor will have to produce a biography of 40 words and a photograph of themselves along with a link to his or her website. All articles should have full contact info of author.
- In an ideal world we would like to have the type of budget that would actively support the pockets of all of our talent- we are working on it- but till then in lieu of payment we will be providing a complimentary copy of the published volume.
For queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: via the online submission page