Are you ready for reality theatre for poets and flash-fiction writers? Want to have fun like Canadian Idol, but, like, in a way that's a little more sophisticated? Then enter the Room Readers' Choice Award competition! Participation is free and open to emerging writers with no more than two professional publications.
- Our editors will pick the Top 5 submissions (this round of judging is blind).
- The Top 5 will read on Room's stage at Word on the Street, Vancouver* where the audience will select 3 finalists.
- (See the Word on the Street program, or check back on our website, for details of the time and location.)
- The finalists' work will be posted on the Room website where our readers will vote for their favourite entry.
- The winning piece will be published in our contest issue, 36.2, and the two runners-up will be published on our website.
PLEASE NOTE: All entrants must be present at Word on the Street, Vancouver on Sunday, September 30, 2012, to be considered semi-finalists.
Entry length limit is one page and the deadline for submissions is September 15, 2012.
For queries: email@example.com
For submissions: via submittable