To celebrate the National Year of Reading, Wyong Shire Council is launching 2012 Short Story Competition. Stories up to 1500 words are invited for submission by September 30, 2012.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
• Entry is free
• Must be a resident of Wyong Shire
• The theme is open for Divisions 1 and 2 and entrants can write on any topic they choose.
• The theme for Division 3 is ‘Cultural Connection’ for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander entrants.
• Word limit 1500 words
• All entries must be typed or neatly hand written with double spacing and page numbers.
• All entries must be solely your own original work.
• There is a limit of one entry per person
• An Entry Form must be attached to your entry labelling your work with your name, address, contact phone number and email address along with title of entry.
• No name to be placed on the short story for anonymity during judging
• Entries close on September 30, 2012
PRIZES: Prizes are on offer as well as the chance to be published in an anthology of short listed entries. Submissions will be judged on merit with the judges’ decision being final.
Divisions 1, 2 and 3
- First Place: $100, Office Chair, Book pack including audio books.
- Highly Commended: $50, Bookshelves, Book pack including audio books.
- Division 1: Adult – 19 years + (Theme – Open)
- Division 2: Youth – Under 19 years (Theme – Open)
- Division 3: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
THEME: Cultural Connection
Submissions for Division 3 can be submitted in writing or oral recording.
Email entry to email@example.com with NYR 2012 Short Story Competition in the subject line. OR Send entry to Wyong Shire Library Service, NYR 2012 Short Story Competition, c/- Coordinator Library Services, Wyong Shire Council, PO Box 20, WYONG, NSW, 2259.
Entries close on September 30, 2012
Download: entry form
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org