Deadline: 20 July 2012
Write the poem for the George House Trust Candlelit Vigil at Manchester Pride 2012!
George House Trust, in conjunction with Manchester Pride, is looking for a new and original poem for the Candlelit Vigil at Manchester Pride 2012.
Could you write it? Each year, up to 3000 people gather at the end of the Pride festivities to remember those people we have lost to the virus and to show support for people living with HIV today.
The winning poem will be read by a public figure from the stage just before the lighting of candles. This is a moving and reflective part of the Vigil – and your poem should fit this mood. If you are up for the challenge, here’s what you need to know and think about.
THE THEMES OF THE CANDLELIT VIGIL ARE:
- remembrance of those people we have lost to HIV
- support for everyone living with HIV today
- commitment to challenging and ending HIV stigma
OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ARE:
- Your poem should be your own original work which has not been previously published
- Your poem should last for no longer than 2 minutes when read out loud
Entries will be judged by a panel of people with expertise in creative writing, poetry and HIV.
If you think you’re the person to write this year’s poem, start thinking now. Your poem should reach us by 5pm on Friday 20th July 2012 and should be emailed to email@example.com
Download: terms and conditions
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org