Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create some of the most influential and social online destinations that attract over 150 million unique visitors each month globally. We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission: to inform, entertain, and connect the world.
ROLE: ASSOCIATE EDITOR, HUFFPOST LATINO
HuffPost Latino Voices brings together news coverage and contemporary Hispanic perspectives on politics, entertainment, prosperity and heritage for the bicultural Latino community. HuffPost Latino Voices also spotlights the authentic voices and experiences of the best & brightest Hispanic thinkers, community leaders, and game-changers who are increasingly influencing the American mainstream.
As Associate Editor you will report into the Managing Editor, HuffPost Latino Voices, and be responsible for producing and promoting content (incorporating text, video, photo and/or audio) on a daily basis, reinforcing HuffPost Latino Voices’ editorial mission. On occasion, the Associate Editor will also engage in setting the tone and pace of the site by overseeing the HuffPost Latino Voices’ front page, coordinating the mix of breaking news, reported pieces, analysis, blog posts, video and more which jointly cover the important issues of the day for the Hispanic community.
- Produce, publish and promote engaging, high-impact HuffPost Latino Voices stories
- Curate and manage any assigned HuffPost Latino Voices subsections, as well as the site’s front page when needed
- Grow traffic through dedicated and creative use of social media, partnerships and community actions
- Ensure the implementation of SEO best practices on all article pages and content packages
- Work closely with the HuffPost Latino Voices’ editorial team to share ideas, contacts, insights and constructive criticism in an ongoing effort to increase quality and depth of all editorial content
- Be an active and supportive member of the HuffPost multicultural editorial team.
- True and deep knowledge of the issues, personalities and events which elicit the greatest interest, opinion and action among U.S. Hispanic communities
- Strong writing, editing, and analysis skills. Experience in reporting original stories.
- Previous online publishing experience, including SEO concepts, social media engagement, and partnership management
- Ability to analyze traffic data and track metrics, and respond to them
- Basic understanding of HTML, Photoshop and blog publishing platforms
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, creatively demanding work environment that requires meticulous attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of social media sites and ideas about how to engage HuffPost's reader community in the issues of the day
- Endless energy and ideas for high-quality reliable content, and exceptional drive to maximize its visibility and impact
- English fluency a must, Spanish fluency preferred
- Avid participant in Hispanic culture and student of evolving trends in this community
For submissions: via AOL/ Hufftington Post's career site here