The Harlequin TEEN imprint is experiencing growth and is seeking an Associate Editor. The individual is responsible for managing and developing authors, acquiring and developing manuscripts for a line/imprint or series of specialized products. The primary purpose is to ensure the ongoing and timely supply of high quality, saleable tiles for the publishing program. In addition, this position provides administrative, clerical and editorial support to the department.
The ideal candidate will have experience in and enthusiasm for Young Adult fiction and will be versed in social media.
Harlequin TEEN: Publishes commercial young adult fiction, targeted at girls 13-18, in a variety of genres including paranormal, dystopian, steampunk, contemporary and historical.
Harlequin: Toronto-based company, Harlequin publishes over 110 titles a month in 31 languages in 111 international markets on six continents. These books are written by over 1,200 talented authors worldwide, offering women a broad range of reading from romance to bestseller fiction, from young adult novels to erotic literature, from nonfiction to fantasy, from African-American novels to inspirational romance, and more.
• Undergraduate Degree
• 3+ years progressive experience in publishing, including marketing and editorial focus
• Experience working with authors/agents and acquiring
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and build trust, teamwork and collaboration
• Must be able to think outside the box and to manage execution
• Must be willing and able to travel for work functions
To apply, please email résumé, cover letter, project list and salary requirement to NYResumes@Harlequin.ca. Indicate Associate Editor – TEEN in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies.
For queries/ submissions: NYResumes@Harlequin.ca