The term "fairypunk" describes a story that includes fairies in a dark and dangerous world. Your story must fit this subgenre. Read below for the general guidelines:
SUBMISSIONS NEED TO FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES LISTED BELOW
- Name your file so that it makes sense. An impressive filename for a fiction submission is: (lastname)-(word from title).RTF
- [like this: mccoy-darkness.rtf]
- Word count: 1000 – 4000 (Firm. Do not query).
- Use standard manuscript formatting. (more info)
- No simultaneous submissions to other publishers.
- Multiple submissions okay, but only one story per theme.
- Story must have a speculative fiction element.
- Gore, sex, and adult language okay, but make sure it improves the story.
- We do not edit, so make sure you use good grammar, have double-checked the punctuation, and have done a spell-check. We prefer Chicago Manual of Style rules, and we will reject it if it’s a mess, even if it’s an amazing story.
- We may request revisions, so if you’re not open to the idea, then let us know in your cover letter. It will save us all some time by communicating that up-front.
- We will accept reprints. Make double sure that the rights have reverted to you. By submitting it to us, you affirm that it has been freed from all other commitments that conflict with the rights you give us.
- We reserve the right to change these guidelines without notice.
Response Time: We will respond within 90 days after the appropriate issue’s deadline.
PAY: Starting with the themes listed above, we pay 5 cents per word. We pay via Paypal or check.
RIGHTS: With this payment, we’re buying the exclusive right to publish an audio version (exclusive for twelve  months) and non-exclusive rights to publish a digital text (RTF) version. You will be asked to sign a contract.
Your story will automatically be a candidate for a “Best of Wily Writers” anthology at a later date.
For submissions: submit online here