Dim Sum Nights is coming to Bolton, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Birmingham and Oxford in October and November. We are looking for a local British East Asian writer in each city who would like to create a ten minute theatre piece that we will include in our Dim Sum Nights public performances.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A 10 minute theatre script by a BEA* writer
- It can have up to 4 characters. Choose from a young boy 16- 25, a young girl 15 – 25, two women 30- 40 and one man 30’s.
- It must take place in a Chinese restaurant in a small space. It can use a table and two chairs.
If your piece is chosen, we will provide support to help you develop and finalise it over the two months leading up to the performance. This will be rehearsed and performed by our Dim Sum Night cast at your local venue. We will provide you with complimentary tickets and Dim Sum for the performance.
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following items by email to email@example.com by Friday 27th July 2012
- Your 10 minute piece/script
- Your contact details including phone, address and email.
- Covering letter with up to 400 words telling us why you would like to get involved
- Your CV
- Our equal opportunities form describing your BEA* background
Dim Sum Nights is a new showcase to encourage and develop exciting new work by emerging British East Asian* (BEA) writers. A series of short new theatre pieces are served up to the audience complete with Dim Sum and tea. We first performed Dim Sum Nights in a Chinese restaurant in London last year to great success with packed houses that generated a real buzz.
* British East Asian Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (N+S), Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Tibet, Timor-Leste, Vietnam & their diasporas.
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org