Deadline: 11 July 2012
The Society of Women Writers NSW Inc. was established in 1925 and incorporated in 1987 and is the longest-standing literary society in Australia. The Society aims to enable women writers in all genres to meet and network, and to benefit from regular seminars and workshops. In addition to monthly workshops and luncheon meetings, the Society administers a number of Awards and Competitions. The 2012 Members’ Poetry and Short Story Competitions are now open.
First Prize $250.00 Second Prize $150 Third Prize $100
Entries close 11th July 2012
1. Entries must be unpublished, in English, the original work of the entrant, and must not have received an award in any competition, nor be concurrently entered in any other competition.
2. Maximum of 2,500 words, typed on one side of white A4 paper at 1.5 line spacing.
3. Only PEN NAME should appear on the manuscript.
4. An entry fee of $15 per story is payable for each entry. Make cheques out to the Society of Women Writers NSW Inc (as written); not SWW or the name of Receiving Officer.
5. Entrants must be financial members of the Society of Women Writers NSW Inc.
6. Entries consisting of entry form, manuscript and payment must be in the hands of the Receiving Officer, Barbara Westerway, 222 Pittwater Rd, Manly 2095 by the closing date: Wednesday, 11th July 2012. Postmark date is acceptable.
7. The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. No entries will be returned.
RESULTS ANNOUNCED: Wednesday, 10th October 2012 at the Society’s Luncheon Meeting at the Dixson Room, Mitchell Wing of the State Library of NSW. Results will be posted on our website:
For queries: email@example.com
For submissions: Barbara Westerway, 222 Pittwater Rd, Manly 2095