The deadline for the “Writing 4 Readers” contest has been extended until August 4, 2012.
THEME: “God Remembers”
GENRE(S) ACCEPTED FOR THE JUNE EDITION: Devotionals
THEME HELPS: You could write a devotional about – memories God has about His children; memories the writer has about God; how He has blessed us/you/people; How He has blessed those in the Bible to guide us as an example—the ideas are endless.
TYPE OF ACCEPTED SUBMISSION(S) FOR THIS CONTEST: Devotionals – At least 250 words no more…than 300 words
(OTHER GENRE WRITING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS CONTEST. PLEASE DO NOT SEND—IT WILL NOT BE RETURNED.)
- Best Liked Devotional: (Chosen by Reader Subscribers) – $100.00
- Second Place: (Chosen by Reader Subscribers) – $50.00
- Third Place: (Chosen by Reader Subscribers) – $25.00
- (One winner per title will be awarded)
All winning devotionals will appear on the Maryland Women of Worship website and in the print edition. Also, with this new format the magazine will be accessible in digital format via, IPad, and computer (PDF).
All General Guidelines apply to this contest.
**You are required to follow Specific Guidelines for this contest too.
- Should use a different title for their devotions. In other words, name your devotional differently from the theme of the contest.
- Must include a Bible verse(s) for the reader to reference your writing
- Must adhere to word limit for devotionals; All guidelines and word limits will be strictly enforced
- Need to send a brief biography: Include accomplishments, website address of their work, titles of published works family info, don’t forget a profile picture. (Contact me directly if you think providing any of these items will be a problem in your literary field or with your current job.)
- Must submit your own writing; Writers must have clear title to their own work for reprints if it has been published in another forum or publication. Reprints from Maryland Women of Worship Devotional Guide will not be accepted. We’re looking for new material.
- Must submit their writing by the specified deadline
- Must sign and submit all Agreement forms (download from website, print complete, and fax, or email to enclosed email address)
- Must provide address or electronic information where winnings should be sent.
- If you reside in another country other than the United States you must provide preferred method of payment, rate of exchange (we pay at US rate of exchange), proper spelling and correct information for ease of transferring payment to you. (The payment must be made payable to you, the writer, and not a different name.)
- Must subscribe to the www.marylandwomenofworship.org website; this is where the contest submissions is housed.
- Agree to pay the reading, editing, and publication fee.
- A photo or graphic depicting your devotional may be submitted with the devotional. The writer must have “all rights” for publication. Proof of rights are required.
- Please submit all graphics and photos in jpg format.
- Should know that Maryland Women of Worship, Online and its’ owners will not be held liable for misrepresentation of written materials, graphics, photos, videos, or digital materials submitted to them for use online or in their print media
FEE STRUCTURE FOR ALL CONTESTS AND SUBMISSIONS
Unfortunately, we must charge a fee to help defray cost of the publication (website and print). We will always try to keep the fee nominal. Fees are made payable to Maryland Women of Worship through Paypal. A Writer is not entered into the contest until all fees are paid.
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR THIS CONTEST – “GOD REMEMBERS”
- Follow all General Guidelines listed above
- Submit your final work to firstname.lastname@example.org
All work must be submitted by Saturday, August 4, 2012 (new date)
Voting Deadline – All voting will begin on August 15, 2012 and end on September 15, 2012
Link: Agreement Form
Download: Example of a Published Devotional, Format of Devotional
For queries: contact Wilhelmina Street, Founder and Editor, at email@example.com
For submissions: via the submission form