If you’re a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) writer who is Irish or of Irish descent, we'd love to hear from you! Writers throughout the world who work in the Irish language are also encouraged to submit.
- Your work should explore what it means to be Irish and LGBT.
- Send us poems, short stories, plays, creative nonfiction, and memoir pieces. The work should be sent as a Word file (either .rtf or .doc, but not .docx). Reprints are welcome but please mention where they were first published when submitting.
- We are open to works written in Irish.
- Please include a short bio, including your experiences with the Irish language, if any.
- Email all submissions to the editor Wesley J. Koster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Authors will be compensated with a copy of the anthology, which should appear in the spring of 2013.
ABOUT THE EDITOR: Wesley J. Koster is a teacher for Gaeltacht Minnesota, a community organisation for the study of the Irish Gaelic language as well as a consultant for the University of Miami for graduate studies in Gaelic. Wesley is a long-time resident of Minneapolis.
ABOUT SQUARES & REBELS: Squares & Rebels is the LGBT imprint of Handtype Press. We work primarily with LGBT writers who maintain a strong connection to the Midwest. Our first two titles are Kate Lynn Hibbard's When We Become Weavers: Queer Female Poets on the Midwestern Experience and Raymond Luczak's Among the Leaves: Queer Male Poets on the Midwestern Experience.
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com