A clean slate. A fresh start. A chance to throw out the old and begin anew. There’s nothing as revitalizing as the start of a new year, and what better way to begin than with a kiss.
Less Than Three Press is seeking stories for a collection revolving around the theme of a new year, a new start, a propitious beginning.
- Deadline is AUGUST 30TH, 2012 11:59 EST (GMT -5) (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning)
- Ideally stories should be 5,000-10,000 words in length, but anything a little longer or shorter is acceptable.
- Stories must be m/m or f/f (threes0mes etc are acceptable, but all parties must be the same gender).
- Stories should have a happy end—either HEA or HFN is acceptable.
- Any genre is acceptable: contemporary, fantasy, steampunk, sci-fi, horror, mystery, western, etc. We adore variety.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
This collection is centered around the theme of a new year and all the potential that comes with it. All stories must have a strong tie to this theme. We are looking for creative stories that bring in this theme, not simply dozens of stories about a New Year’s Eve party (though if you can do that creatively, we welcome it gladly).
Kiss Me at Midnight is a collection of ebooks, meaning each story will be sold as an individual ebook, and readers will also have the option to purchase “bundles” or the entire collection for a reduced rate. Standard ebook royalty rates will apply.
Stories should be complete before submitting, and as edited as possible. They can be submitted in any format (doc, docx, rtf, odt, etc), preferably single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font (Times, Calibri, Arial, etc) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Stories will also be collected into a print book (or books, depending on total length), and each contributing author will receive two copies of the book containing their story.
SUBMITTING TO LESS THAN THREE PRESS
To submit a story to Less Than Three Press, send an email to email@example.com or use the Online Submission Form. Include the following in your email:
- Put SUBMISSIONS in the subject line! Emails without this subject line or sent to another email address (for example, the administrator email address) run the risk of not being seen or read, so please, do not forget this!
- Your contact name and preferred email address.
- The approximate total length of the completed story.
- Whether or not your story is complete.
- A brief summary of the story, not to exceed approximately 200 words in length.
- Attach the complete manuscript in .doc, .docx, or .odt format.
Please note the following:
- Please do not send queries, outlines, or proposals for stories that you have not yet written.
- Less Than Three Press will not consider manuscripts currently under submission to another publisher or anonymous writings.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks to hear back regarding general submissions and 3-5 weeks for anthology submissions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links: standard submissions guidelines, formatting guidelines
For queries: email@example.com
For submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org